Big weekend for your boy this weekend. Heading to Chicago on Saturday to go to this year's American Beer Classic at Soldier Field. If you haven't heard of it, it's exactly what it sounds like. A whole mess of craft breweries from all over the country setting up shop on Soldier Field and serving up as many beer samples as you can drink. If the weather cooperates and doesn't dump rain on me, it should turn into a nice little drunk Saturday. Now onto the links! - On Tuesday, Katie Sharp of RAB analyzed the ever-improving Michael Pineda changeup that is helping to push him to the next level this season.
- El duque of It Is High.. continued his hot streak of ideas by proposing some things the Yankees could do to celebrate A-Rod's 666th home run.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits dug deeper into the wildly productive and statistically mystifying start to Mark Teixeira's season. I talked about this a little bit on Twitter earlier today (hint hint).
- Josh Heller of Pinstripe Alley pondered what the best possible pitching staff would look like if everybody was healthy.
- On Thursday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes mused on the idea of a Drew/Pirela platoon at second base. That's an idea I've supported for a long time.
- Chad Jennings of Loud took a closer look at the biggest problems areas on the roster and potential solutions if guys keep struggling the way they are.
- Christopher Carelli discussed Chase Headley's sluggish start to the 2015 season.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Wednesday, William looked at the early defensive returns and commented on where the team-wide performance could go from here.
- Scott suggested a conversion to a lefty specialist bullpen role as a way to get more of out the diminished CC Sabathia we have before us.
- On Thursday, Jason dug deeper into CC's struggles against the lower part of opposing batting orders to see what the root cause was.
- On Friday, Tamar recapped who got off to the hottest starts in the farm system.
Going with some Clutch for this Friday's jam. Their Milwaukee show with Mastodon is next Wednesday and
literally figuratively peeing my pants in excitement about it. If they play "Spacegrass" during their set next week, all bets are off.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.