We have a long way to go until the game at 10:05 tonight so here's an open thread for you. Oh, and, by the way, what the heck is with the game being on so late on a Saturday? Schedule it for 4 o'clock west coast time, dill holes. Freakin' Fox screwing everything up.
Here are a few random thoughts about the season and this series up to this point:
- It is highly amusing that Alex Rodriguez, who according to the experts, was going to be embarrassing himself nightly at the plate is one of the best players the Yankees have, and that Chase Headley and Didi Gregorius, who were going to be the greatest left side of the infield defensively since the dawn of time, are stinking up the joint. I guess you really can't predict baseball, Suzyn.
- What is up with Brett Lawrie and can one of the Yankee pitchers keep him in the park this weekend? I don't think I'm asking for much.
- Let's hope A-Rod gets his 3000th hit at home just to stick it to the higher ups. Right now, he's only 17 hits away.
- Let's also hope Joe Girardi stops playing Stephen Drew. My goodness, he's putrid.
- I wish I could lose weight as quickly as Drew drops his batting average nightly.
- Back to Headley, what on earth is happening with him? I cannot believe how many errors he has. It's almost as if someone put a hex on him. Maybe it was A-Rod? Kidding.
- I miss Jacoby Ellsbury.
Feel free to bitch, moan, complain, and kvetch about whatever you want to bitch, moan, complain and kvetch about. Also, feel free to add your own random thoughts in the comments below, if you'd like.
Just remember, as always, to be respectful to your fellow IIATMS readers and have a great afternoon! (I honestly hope that most of you will be outside enjoying this day.)