Here's how he did it:
He threw 92 pitches.
- Fastball: Avg 93.9/Max 96.0 - 48 thrown
- Sinker: Avg 93.5/Max 95.2 - 15 thrown
- Changeup: Avg 86.5/Max 88.1 - 10 thrown
- Curveball: Avg 79.5/Max 82.4 - 19 thrown
- His final line was six 2/3 innings, three hits, no runs (unearned or earned), two walks and one strikeout.
- He induced six groundouts and nine fly outs.
- He threw 51 strikes.
Pitches by inning:
- 1st - 14
- 2nd - 9
- 3rd - 23
- 4th - 9
- 5th - 15
- 6th - 8
- 7th - 14 (he left with two outs)
Nova's first three outs of the day came via fly out. And his last pitch of the day was a 94.5 mph fastball and was a fly out (a long one, but an out nonetheless).
[Data and info courtesy of ESPN Stats and Info and Brooks Baseball]