Links. Many, many links. - On Monday, Chad Jennings of LoHud broke down Joe's comments on the Ryan over Refsnyder decision.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily unveiled his updated top 50 Yankee prospects list after the draft. I always like Greg's rankings simply because he takes the time to rank 50 guys.
- Andrew Felper of BP Bronx analyzed Mark Teixeira's tremendous improvement against 4-seamers this season and how it's been the driving force behind his resurgence.
- On Wednesday, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley touched on the things that might make Mike Leake the perfect type of trade deadline target for the Yankees.
- El duque of It Is High... examined the Yankees' organizational depth to see where second half injuries could be the most impactful.
- On Thursday, David Schoenfield of ESPN's Sweet Spot mused on the idea of the Yankees trading for Aroldis Chapman. That would be awesome, but I can't see them doing it.
- Christopher Carelli of Yankees Unscripted identified the Yankees' road performance as the biggest team-wide area for improvement, and predicted good things if they can start to turn that performance around.
- On Friday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes looked back at Phil Hughes' tenure in pinstripes as the Yanks get ready to face him again tonight and hopefully score 9 runs off him.
- Mike Axisa of RAB released his revised post-draft top 30 prospects list. Only 30? Slacker.
/starts updating IIATMS Top 30
- And just for old time's sake, here's the video of the classic A-Rod-Varitek brawl from '04. I don't care about what happened the rest of that season, it's still funny to watch Alex hurl 4 or 5 consecutive eff yous at Vartiek and challenge him to come at him, and then watch Varitek leave his mask and all his stuff on to come at him. Real tough guy.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Matt painted the picture of how big an upgrade Ben Zobrist would be for the Yankees.
- On Tuesday, Scott mulled over a few reasonable explanations for why Ryan-for-Refs did make sense.
- On Wednesday, William discussed the evolution of Nathan Eovaldi and the little things he's still working on to maximize his potential.
- On Friday, Stacey updated her earlier post on A-Rod's performance in day games and how it's trending in the right direction.
How about some old school Helmet today? Helmet is such a cool band. I could never be this cool.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.