Free beer day at work is a rare day, but a great day. Today that meant 3 12-pack bomber cases of assorted New Belgium stuff. Now this is beer that's been sitting in our shop for a while, so the heat probably hasn't done it any favors. But anytime you can get almost 800 oz of beer for free, you've got to take that chance, right? Now onto the links. - On Tuesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog compared the recent division lead loss to previous ones in team history and commented on the front office's role in the loss.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB broke down Luis Severino's second start and compared to his first to see where he made improvements.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily unveiled his hypothetical version of the 2018 "All-Homegrown" team.
- On Thursday, SG of RLYW updated his CAIRO projections for Greg Bird to get an idea of what he could contribute to the lineup.
- Chris Mitchell of FanGraphs profiled top Yankee prospect Jorge Mateo and used his KATOH projection system to drum up some potential Major League comps to him.
- Scott Davis of Pinstripe Alley analyzed Masahiro Tanaka's fastball problems this season and the negative effect they've had on his performance.
- On Friday, Nick Ashbourne of BP Bronx found a strange and unexpected instance of bad luck for Dellin Betances under the gargantuan pile of insanely good numbers.
- El duque of It Is High... previewed this weekend's pitching matchups and how favorable they are to the Yankees' chances of winning.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud previewed the September call-up candidates and all the different scenarios that could impact who does and does not get the call.
- Also, if you're looking to make things interesting, the Yankees' current MLB odds to win the 2015 World Series are listed at +1,200.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Matt warned of another Brett Gardner second half slowdown. Hopefully last night's game was a sign that we won't see it this year.
- On Wednesday, I tried to see if there was any meaningful change Luis Severino made in his second start to turn things around after a few rough early innings.
- On Thursday, Dom pointed out the high team GB rate this season and how strange it is that the rate is so high despite no clear cause in terms of pitch selection or execution.
- On Friday, the IIATMS podcast returned after a way-too-long hiatus. Rejoice, good people. Rejoice.
Going back to the Lo-Pan well this week, because Lo-Pan is the biz and I haven't played them in a while.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.