Remember when the Yankees' offense could hit three grand slams in a day? I do!
The fun part about this crazy game was that the Yankees were down 7-2 before the first grand slam was hit in the bottom of the fifth inning and they went on to win the game 22-9.
The grand slams were hit by Robinson Cano. Russell Martin and Curtis Granderson who are all on different teams now. Cano and Granderson finished with five RBI that day while Martin had six because he hit two home runs - the slam in the sixth inning and a solo shot in the fourth.
Other fun facts from that game:
- Boone Logan picked up the win.
- Phil Hughes started for the Yanks and gave up six ER in 2 2/3 innings.
- The Yankees were 10-21 with runners in scoring position.
- Mark Teixeira was the only starter without a hit.
- Andruw Jones pinch hit for Teixeira and hit a solo shot in the 8th to score the 22nd run.