Football's back, baby! It's finally back!! Don't get me wrong, I'm still fully in on baseball. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't super stoked for the start of the college football season tomorrow. First beer is being cracked just before the 11 AM kickoffs and the night will end with a ton of Three Floyds and a Wisconsin victory over Alabama. Probably not on that last point, but whatever. Onto the links! - On Tuesday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog took a look at how the Yankees' poor team baserunning has hurt their offensive production this season.
- Katie Sharp of RAB dug into the numbers to show the true impact of losing Mark Teixeira in the lineup. Very timely post to read given today's earlier new.
- Greg Kirkland of Pinstripe Alley offered up some real talk on Rob Refsnyder after his "meh" season. It's sad but true. Dude's prospect shine is almost completely worn off in just a year.
- On Thursday, David Schoenfield of ESPN's SweetSpot wondered what some of the all-time greats' at-bat music would have been.
- Andrew Marchand of ESPN NY discussed the possibility of Luis Severino being a postseason starter. I don't see how the Yankees couldn't have him in the playoff rotation if they make it.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud reviewed the roster evolution from the beginning of the year to today and found a pleasantly surprising amount of stability.
- El duque of It Is High... prayed to the baseball gods for one more month of the team proving him wrong and making the postseason.
- On Friday, Alex Putterman of BP Bronx checked to see if Alex Rodriguez has earned his paycheck this season. As if there was any doubt.
- And if you're still looking to get in on some action, the Yankees are currently listed at 18/1 to win the World Series over at My Top Sportsbooks.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Tamar wrapped up the month that was in the farm system.
- On Tuesday, Stacey broke down Didi Gregorius' latest hot streak.
- On Wednesday, William recapped and reveled in the history of David Ortiz striking out 4 times in a game against the Yankees.
- On Thursday, I praised Joe for his decision to go to Deldrew Millances on Wednesday and explained why it was the right move to make.
- On Friday, Matt brought up the previously unimaginable idea of the Yanks bringing Stephen Drew back next year.
There's new Baroness out! And when there's new Baroness out, then we have to play said new Baroness. This song is called "Chlorine & Wine".