I'm so sorry. I completely forgot that I was supposed to write this recap. I must confess, I barely watched the game because we're fostering kittens and they were all over me all day.
Here's what you need to know:
- The Yankees lost (as you tell by the title).
- They lost a game in the standings because relying on Baltimore to beat Toronto two games in a row was too much to ask.
- Nathan Eovaldi lost for the first time in about three years.
- The Yankees only had five hits.
- Eovaldi only lasted 5 1/3 innings.
- A positive is that the bullpen didn't give up any runs.
Hopefully the Yankees can win the rubber game tomorrow afternoon.