That rainout last night kinda sucks, huh? What was already going to be a difficult series against the Blue Jays this weekend became more difficult, and I think I'd be happy with a split if we're being honest. Since there's no game to recap, let's catch up on some small stuff. - Like the new pitching plan. The Yankees announced last night that Luis Severino will start tonight, Ivan Nova and Michael Pineda will start Saturday's doubleheader in a TBD order, and Masahiro Tanaka will pitch Sunday on regular rest. They'll probably also have to start Adam Warren next Tuesday after CC starts on Monday. I actually don't hate this. You want your 4 best starters in this important series and those are the Yankees' 4 best starters right now.
- Still doesn't sound like Mark Teixeira's bruised shin is getting any better. He was on crutches yesterday, told reporters he still can't walk without pain, and is reportedly going back for more tests on it. Of course he said he remains 194% certain he'll be back on the field this year, and after a line like "my leg just doesn't really work right now" how can you not believe him?
- Before the weather wiped out the game, Brett Garder was set to make his return to the lineup last night. That's a good sign. He's been out the last few games with a banged up shoulder and he received a PRP injection in it earlier this week. The Yanks could really use something from him these last few weeks.
- Via Ken Rosenthal, assistant GM Billy Eppler is scheduled to meet with the Angels and Mariners about their open GM positions. The teams requested permission and were granted it by the team. Sounds like this is the year he'll finally move on.
- Via Chad Jennings, Gary Sanchez was activated off the Triple-A DL on Wednesday, just in time for the start of Triple-A SWB's postseason series. He went 0-4 with 1 RBI in last night's game as the catcher after DH'ing in Game 1.
- Another prospect note- this year's 1st rounder James Kaprielian pitched 6 1-run innings with 6 strikeouts and no walks on Wednesday night in Game 1 of SS Staten Island's playoff divisional series. He's been awesome lately after a rough first pro start. Start getting excited for a full season of him in 2016.