Big night last night. Got my beer shipment from back home to start consuming, Scott Weiland died, and the Packers pulled off one of the more improbable comeback, walk-off NFL wins in recent history. I'm emotionally exhausted today and I still have to dial up the charm for a Christmas party later tonight. Can I do it? Probably not. Now onto the links. - On Tuesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud listed 10 players who will have greater expectations heading into next season.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa of RAB profiled young starter Joe Ross as a potential trade target. He certainly fits what the team is looking for.
- Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley mused on what Boston's signing of David Price means for the Yankees.
- Wally Matthews of ESPN NY previewed next week's Winter Meetings by ranking Cash's priorities heading in.
- On Thursday, Kenny Ducey of BP Bronx investigated how the Yankees could beef up the middle of their bullpen this offseason to prevent the late September collapse that hurt them this year.
- El duque of It Is High... had 10 Yankee-centric hot stove topics to follow in place of the lack of actual trades or signings.
- On Friday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes looked at a few players who could become Rule 5 Draft casualties.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, EJ explained why Jason Heyward would be a great fit for the Yankees and why he's the type of player they should spend big on.
- On Wednesday, Stacey mused on a variety of hot stove topics and our recent technical difficulties.
With Weiland's passing, it's only right to play some STP today. They're one of those bands that have a ton of great songs, but you never remember just how many until you really start to think about it. I got up to about 14-15 in my head with no effort when I put together my top 5 on Twitter this morning. It's been a while since I've played them on a Friday, so let's go with one of the favorites that everybody knows. If you haven't crushed this song at a karaoke bar or in your car or shower or wherever, you don't live a fun enough life.