A batch of links to start your weekend. - On Thursday, Chad Jennings of LoHud had some thoughts on Dellin Betances' workload and some quotes from Betances on how he works out to be able to handle the larger workload.
- Ben Diamond of BP Bronx looked back at Brett Gardner's history of second half slumps and how they may be tied to the injuries he's accumulated over the course of a season.
- El duque of It Is High... lamented the Yankees' inability to develop any quality third basemen internally. That lack of positional depth could hurt them this year if Chase Headley starts to decline.
- On Friday, Carson Cistulli of FanGraphs posted the 2016 ZiPS projections for the Yankees. These projections are put together by friend of the blog Dan Szymborski. This is definitely worth a deeper look when you have time, but the short version is these projections are pretty pessimistic. No biggie, I think that was the case last year too.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Wednesday, Dom compiled and presented the 2016 IIATMS Hall of Fame ballot. It's the best ballot I've seen so far.
- On Thursday, I finally got around to discussing my beef with the Justin Wilson trade. It's admittedly a minor beef, like a dollar menu cheeseburger-sized beef.
- Scott looked ahead to next year's HOF class and the potential good chance for a few former Yankees to get in.
- On Friday, Stacey looked back at the Yankees' history of games on days when Star Wars movies were released. You would think the MLB equivalent of the Evil Empire would thrive on these days, but not so much.