Happy pitchers and catchers day, everybody! I just want to sit here and let it wash over me. Baseball is back. Here are some links: - Last Saturday, William Juliano of The Captain's Blog looked back at the history of Yankee Spring Training.
- On Sunday, el duque of It Is High... highlighted the young players who could take the next step this season and help the Yankees win the division.
- On Tuesday, Chad Jennings combed the ST invite list looking for the player who will put himself into position for an early-season call up if/when injuries happen.
- Wally Matthews commented on the spring spotlight that A-Rod will have on him this year after exceeding expectations in every way in 2015.
- On Wednesday, Mike Axisa discussed the top 5 storylines heading into Spring Training. Hard to disagree with any of them, although I would say the middle/back end bullpen competition is a close 6th.
- Nick Ashbourne of BP Bronx commented on the Yankees' recent strategy of rebuilding around young pitching.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, I tried to use CC Sabathia's 2015 as a road map for how to handle him in 2016.
- On Wednesday, Dom complied all the preseason projections for the core Yankee players.
Baseball's back, baby! It feels so good.