First full squad workout today. So many drills, so many hills. Here are some links: - On Monday, Ben Diamond of BP Bronx previewed the primary ST roster battles.
- On Tuesday, Mike Axisa looked at Luis Severino's slider and how Severino can improve it to become even more effective in 2016.
- Brendan Kuty had the deets on what Aaron Hicks and new hitting coach Marcus Thames are working on to smooth out Hicks' swing from the left side.
- On Wednesday, Chad Jennings got Rob Refsnyder's thoughts on playing third base as team officials prepared to meet to discuss the idea.
- Wally Matthews considered the possibility of Mark Teixeira playing another 5 years as a Yankee. Don't worry too much about the title. Obviously Teix can't be an anything for life since he's played for 4 teams.
- On Thursday, el duque of It Is High... celebrated the addition of the hill to the ST complex and what it means for this year's team.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, Scott weighed David Freese as a potential FA option for additional infield depth. He'd make a lot of sense and he might take the MiL deal that Juan Uribe did not want to take.
- Stacey ripped the Yankee front office, specifically head stooges Trost and Levine, for their recent comments and the horrible attitude those comments express towards Yankee fans. This is also the best title you're going to read this season.
- On Wednesday, I mused on the plan for Aaron Judge and why there's no need to rush him to the show this year.
Everybody is in camp (except for Ronald Torreyes), the first big team practice is today, and we get live Yankee baseball in a week. Things are pretty groovy right now.