If you're celebrating St. Patrick's Day today, enjoy. I'm a much bigger college basketball guy than wearing green stuff guy, so I'll be day drinking and sweating out the UConn game this afternoon. Here are the links: - Last Thursday, in case you missed it, our own Stacey Gotsulias looked back at Jason Giambi's 2005 season and all the ways it mirrored A-Rod's 2015 season for Beyond The Box Score.
- On Sunday, Matt Imbrogno of RAB suggested ways the Yankees could manipulate the rotation to get Masahiro Tanaka more starts this season. This is the first time I've seen this suggested, but I can't argue with the idea of wanting to pitch your best starting pitcher as much as possible.
- On Monday, el duque of It Is High... wondered how much might change on the Yankees in the time Aroldis Chapman is away serving his suspension.
- On Tuesday, Harlan Spence of Pinstripe Alley considered Nathan Eovaldi's contract extension case. I think he's a very good candidate and I think the Yankees are just waiting to see how his elbow holds up this season before moving forward.
- Andrew Marchand scored the early rounds in the CC Sabathia-Ivan Nova 5th rotation spot fight, assuming of course that there actually is a competition for the spot.
- On Wednesday, Chad Jennings searched for truth inside some of the Yankees' early spring statements.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, I highlighted some early ST winners and losers.
- EJ explained why it would make sense for Joe to have a quicker hook with his starters this season. You don't build a back end bullpen like the Yankees have if you aren't willing to do that.
Catch y'all on the flip side. Go Huskies!