The Yankees and Mets play today after yesterday's off-day and I don't think the game is being broadcast anywhere. I don't get that. I know it's "only" Spring Training, but shouldn't one of these team's networks want to air this game? It's bizarro world stuff this spring when it comes to showing games or not. I don't understand it and I'm not sure I want to. Onto the links. - Last Thursday, Tanya Bondurant of Pinstripe Alley commented on Goose Gossage's crotchety old white guy-ness and how it doesn't help the game of baseball or its fanbase.
- On Friday, Nick Stellini of BP Bronx checked in on the rest of the AL East competition. Really not looking forward to watching the players he named give the Yankees problems all season.
- On Sunday, David Schoenfield of ESPN's Sweet Spot dug into Robinson Cano's regression and how it has knocked him off the top tier of MLB superstardom.
- On Monday, Chad Jennings had an interesting article on the Yankees' strategy of letting some of their MiL pitchers work as starters to help improve their fastball command. Good stuff from Gary Denbo explaining the logic in the decision.
- Mike Axisa previewed Starlin Castro's debut Yankee season and highlighted the improvement in his hitting performance after he made some adjustments to his batting stance last year.
- Also, in case you missed it here last Friday, Matt touched on the middle infield pair of Castro and Didi and how they could be the best combo the Yanks have had since Jeter could still hit and Cano was in his prime.
More new Deftones. This song isn't as good as P/T but the album should still be pretty good.