It's Opening Day... again!! The weather report looks clear and cool today, so no worries about getting this one in. Brett Gardner will be on the bench, the rest of the starting lineup is exactly as I predicted it, and today's the day the Yankees break their scoreless streak against Dallas Keuchel and knock him around a little bit. Now onto the links. - On Wednesday, Mike Axisa previewed the season to come for the Yankee farm system.
- On Friday, Evan Halpine-Berger of BP Bronx previewed the projected SWB Triple-A roster.
- On Sunday, Andrew Mearns of Pinstripe Alley looked back at some of the great Opening Days in Yankee history.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog laid out his division-by-division 2016 predictions and I respect the hell out of the hustle. I also hope his third bold prediction doesn't come true because it would be really sad, but it probably will.
- On Monday, David Schoenfield of ESPN's Sweet Spot listed the most surprising roster selections across MLB's Opening Day rosters.
From the IIATMS team:
- Last Tuesday, William discussed Masahiro Tanaka's fastball problems and how he needs to fix them this season to show he can be the consistent top-tier pitcher that everyone is hoping he can be.
- On Friday, Dom previewed the Opening Day bullpen, which is full of new faces, guys in new roles, and an early injury concern with the closer.
- Dom also compiled our staff bold predictions for this season. Lotta love for Starlin Castro and A-Rod's HR totals.
Opening Day take 2, gotta go with old reliable.