Playing catchup here. It's been over a week since the last linkaround, but we've got a real good batch to get you ready for Yanks-Sawx this weekend after yesterday's off-day. Here we go. - Last Wednesday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes weighed the option of trading one of the Betances/Miller/Chapman relief trio once all 3 are active. I think it's too early to think about that, but it's definitely something the Yanks should do at the deadline if they're out of contention.
- Last Thursday, Stacey looked at the slow starts for three important hitters over at BP Bronx.
- On Monday, el duque of It Is High... dished his first really good "the sky is falling" rant of the season. Understandable considering it came right after the Pineda BP game.
- On Tuesday, Marly Rivera of ESPN got Luis Severino's thoughts on his early-season struggles and what he's doing to try and fix them.
- On Wednesday, Tanya Bondurant of Pinstripe Alley revisited the idea of extending Nathan Eovaldi this season. More outings like his last one and that becomes a real possibility.
- Chris Carelli broke down how Masahiro Tanaka has lived up to his contract so far for SNY.
- Yesterday, Mike Axisa dug deep into Michael Pineda and Eovaldi's problems giving up too much contact. Check it out for the FIP/BABIP plot graphic alone.
From the IIATMS team:
- Last Friday, William expressed his early frustrations and concerns with the Yankee offense's inability to score runs and hit with RISP. Sadly that's still a thing this week too.
- Also on Friday, Dom dropped the first IIATMS Friday mailbag. Lotta different topics in that one. Check it out if you missed it last week.
Happy Friday, gang. Don't work too hard today.