Well that was a stinky way to end this series. The Yankee offense was nowhere to be found again yesterday. They wasted a great start by CC Sabathia and fell 3-1 to the Blue Jays. I didn't follow this game at all as it was happening, so we're hitting it with the bullet points.
- Sabathia really was sharp. He threw 7 innings of 2-run ball, both of the runs unearned, with 7 strikeouts and 1 walk on a very efficient 83 pitches. The sharpness of his stuff was there again and it sounds like his velocity was up a bit. It took a long time, but the big guy looks like he's finally figured out how to pitch without the big heat.
- All the damage against him came in the top of the 3rd, when Didi Gregorius bobbled a ball to give Toronto an extra out. Jose Bautista singled, CC walked Josh Donaldson, and Edwin Encarnacion singled with the bases loaded to bring home 2. There's all your baserunners against CC right there. Talk about a tough luc
- Starlin Castro hit a solo home run in the bottom of the 1st to give the Yanks their only run of the day. Their only other hits were 3 singles.
- Alex Rodriguez went 0-4 with 2 strikeouts in his first game back off the DL. Not quite the same as Double-A pitching.
- Carlos Beltran also had a tough day, taking the golden sombrero with 0-4 and 4 Ks.
- Aroldis Chapman gave up a run on 3 hits in the 9th to essentially put the game out of reach.