So remember yesterday's recap when I said the sweep was complete? Yeah, that was a little hasty of me. I forgot it was a 4-game series. But that statement was rendered correct last night when the Yankees doubled up the Angels to take the final game of the series. I was drinking Lone Stars and playing Koob last night, so I was nowhere near this one and wasn't following along. We'll hit it with a spray of bullet points.
- Ivan Nova was pretty darn good last night after being less than that in his previous 2 starts. He pitched into the 7th inning, gave up 2 of his 3 earned runs on a home run that came in that inning, and struck out 5 while walking only 1 and working an economical 76 pitch count.
- Yankees did almost all of their damage in the 5th, when they pounded Jhoulys Chacin for 5 runs on 4 hits, 2 walks, and a sac fly. The big blows were a 2-run double by Carlos Beltran to make it 3-1 and a double by Brian McCann to make it 5-1.
- The bullpen big 3 finished up for Nova in style, combining to throw 2.2 scoreless innings with 4 Ks. Aroldis Chapman picked up his 11th save.
- Brett Gardner went 3-4 with 2 runs scored. He's got his average back up to .261.
- Chris Parmelee went 1-3 with a run scored and a ribbie, but he had to be helped off the field after hurting his right hamstring stretching for a throw at first. He made the play and ended the 7th inning, but he's going for an MRI and it looks like something that's going to put him on the DL. Really crappy break for him. The Yankees are almost out of first basemen.