West Coast trips are annoying in general - the late starts are a drag, and the Yankees always seem to struggle on Pacific Standard Time. This weekend is especially bothersome, as the team will not be playing until after 10 PM EST tonight. Though, to be fair, I can't imagine anyone rushing to their television to watch Ivan Nova on such a beautiful day.
If you happen to be craving some Yankees and/or general baseball reading, here's your hook-up:
- Chad Jennings of the Lohud Yankees blog digs into the team's numbers in June.
- Sung-Min Kim of River Ave. Blues revisited the signing of Jesus Montero.
- Eric Longenhagen of FanGraphs examined the implications of the Red Sox IFA penalties.
- Grant Brisbee of SB Nation picked the "correct" All-Star ballots for the AL and NL.
- Sam Schube of The Ringer wrote about the divergent paths of former Mets Lenny Dykstra and Ron Darling.
Here is your open thread for this weekend. We'll see you on Monday.