Students, class is in session:
What role does HGH play in the body?
Human growth hormone and IGF-1 (if you need definitions go to: HGH Definitions page) have been shown to play a significant role in:
- Conversion of body fat to muscle mass
- Growth of all tissues
- Energy level
- Tissue repair
- Whole body healing
- Cell replacement
- Bone strength
- Brain function
- Sexual function
- Organ health and integrity
- Enzyme production
- Integrity of hair, nails, skin and vital organs
Basically, anything that goes on in your body is in some way tied to HGH. This is why HGH is often called the "fountain of youth". Elevated HGH levels are what make you feel young again.
What effect does this increase in HGH have on the body?
This is where it gets exciting. While numerous studies have been done on the effects of HGH injections, the most ground breaking study was done by Dr. Rudman and published in the New England Journal of Medicine on July 5, 1990. The journal reported that men who had taken HGH injections had shown a 8.8 percent gain in lean body mass with a 14 percent loss in body fat - without any change in diet or activity! It bears repeating that there was no change in diet or exercise - and the subjects who received HGH injections had a 8.8 percent increase in lean body
If you look at all the studies that have been done on HGH injections you get the following list of benefits:
- 8.8% increase in muscle mass on average after six months, without exercise
- 14.4% loss of fat on average after six months, without dieting
- Higher energy levels
- Enhanced sexual performance
- Regrowth of heart, liver, spleen, kidneys and other organs that shrink with age
- Greater cardiac output
- Superior immune function
- Increased exercise performance
- Better kidney function
- Lowered blood pressure
- Improved cholesterol profile, with higher HDL and lower LDL
- Stronger bones
- Faster wound healing
- Younger, tighter, thicker skin
- Hair regrowth
- Wrinkle removal
- Elimination of cellulite
- Sharper vision
- Mood elevation
- Increased memory retention
- Improved sleep
Are there any negative effects from taking HGH injections?
Yes - but then you knew there had to be a catch, didn't you? There are actually a few problems with HGH injections:
- A year's supply of HGH injections can cost $20,000! Insurance will not cover the injections because you are not treating a "classified disease".
Available by prescription only
- Recombinant GH is a drug that is available by prescription only. So, even if you had $20,000 a year to spend, you would need to get a prescription.
Possible Negative Side Effects
- Anytime you introduce a large amount of a foreign hormone into the body there is the risk of side effects. In Dr. Rudman's study he found that some of the patients suffered from carpal tunnel syndrome and gynecomastia (enlarged
breasts). Dr. Rudman believed that with less HGH the side effects would go way, but tragically he died before he could test his theory.
Claim: HGH will give you a 8.8% increase in muscle mass and a 14.4% loss of fat - without dieting or exercise!
This is the old bait and switch. Technically, they are not lying when they quote Dr. Rudman's number. With HGH Injections, Dr. Rudman did see a 8.8% increase in muscle mass and a 14.4% loss of fat. The problem is, they are not selling HGH Injections! These companies do not provide any evidence that their pill, powder or spray will have the same results as HGH Injections. So, they bait you with all the positives of HGH injections and then switch you to their untested supplement.
Now, before you run out to your nearest sketchy medical practioner, go do your own research and speak with a doctor who you trust and knows you.