Happy #TANAK Day, peeps. Afternoon game today, starting at 1:08ET. Let’s see if Tanaka (2-1, 3.94 ERA) can continue his momentum from his last outing and lead the team to a series win against Annibal Sanchez (1-2, 7.71) and the Tigers.
While you’re at it, feel free to bash whatever dumb, trite, hackneyed narrative the writers are pounding on. Here’s a non-exhaustive (yet exhausting) list to start from:
- Didi Gregorius is not a proper replacement for Derek Jeter
- Carlos Beltran has looked old [OK, this is kinda true, sorry Carlos, last night’s triple not withstanding]
- Jacoby Ellsbury is not earning his $153 million
- If George were still alive…
- Tanaka’s elbow could snap any second. LOOK OUT!
- Tanaka should have had surgery despite three (or more) doctors advising against it
- ARod can’t keep this up; he must be back on the juice
- Teix is done and can’t hit against the shift
|New York Yankees||Detroit Tigers|
|Jacoby Ellsbury, CF||Anthony Gose, CF|
|Brett Gardner, LF||Ian Kinsler, 2B|
|Carlos Beltran, DH||Miguel Cabrera, 1B|
|Brian McCann, C||Victor Martinez, DH|
|Chase Headley, 3B||J.D.|