Here’s some of today’s news and a few other interesting stories of note, along with my apologies for not being able to get to more (work happens):
- If you want to screw up your own life, fine. But to put your 5 year old son in the car with you is so astronomically selfish, I’m nearly speechless. I’m all for giving guys multiple chances to right themselves, but at some point, the effort is totally wasted, no pun intended. Sorry Doc, I’m done with you.
- Hughes wins the #5 spot. Let the hue-and-cry begin. Hughes rules? Whither Joba? Egg on the face? More here.
- Crawford or Werth in 2010? A follow-up to this one.
- The extra day in the LCS is gone. Good move, except it doesn’t condense the post-season. Huh?
- I love me some catcher trivia/stats, especially Yanks-related. Thurm, Yogi, Elston, Posada…
- Great, frustrating story by Mevs at Diamond Hoggers. How a blogger got turned away from an interview request, and one that wasn’t even in person. I suspect there will be a follow-up soon. Also, the agent involved is pretty well known is these parts and is among the nicest guys you will find in this industry. Here’s more about Sosnick.