The Yankees lost their home opener, Masahiro Tanaka looked mortal and Alex Rodriguez was actually cheered during introductions.
Here are some links for you to look at while you eat some lunch.
- Mike Axisa of River Avenue Blues writes that the biggest issue for Tanaka is trusting his elbow, not his fastball velocity which is pretty much the opposite of what everyone else has written this morning.
- Ken Davidoff of the New York Post writes about the fans’ reception to A-Rod.
- From nj.com, here are Ryan Hatch’s five reasons not to panic after Opening Day. Here are my five reasons: 1) It’s Opening Day. 2) It’s Opening Day. 3) It’s Opening Day. 4) It’s Opening Day. 5) It’s Opening Day.
- The designated attention getter is back!
- Didi Gregorius made a pretty bad baserunner blunder in yesterday’s game. Oops.
- John Harper of the Daily News is now an orthopedic surgeon and thinks Tanaka should have Tommy John surgery because of one iffy game.