Good afternoon. This will be your open thread for all things Yankees, if you so choose.
Earlier today, Joe Girardi addressed the media and answered a whole bunch of questions about the upcoming season. The final tally, courtesy of Jack Curry of the YES Network: 35 questions and seven of them were about Alex Rodriguez. Not bad. I was expecting much worse.
So what did Girardi say? Well, he said the word excited many times:
- He’s excited to see how the season plays out.
- He’s excited about the new guys.
- He’s excited that the team has a bunch of younger guys.
- He’s excited to see if Mark Teixeira and Carlos Beltran will be healthy and have bounce back seasons.
- He hopes to see a bounce back season from Brian McCann as well.
- He also hopes that the offense won’t be so dependent on Jacoby Ellsbury and Brett Gardner.
- He said the middle of the lineup is important.
- He’s excited to see what the rotation does.