So last night I was looking at the Yankees’ schedule because I didn’t even know where they were playing this weekend – it’s Minnesota and I know, I should know this stuff – and I noticed something pretty interesting. The Yankees have played in eight one-run games so far in July and they have won six of them. And their last last five games have all been one-run games with one loss in those five coming against Seattle on Saturday.
They’ve also played in four two-run games with one loss coming against the Red Sox on 7/11.
The one-run games:
- A 3-2 victory against Tampa on 7/4
- A 4-3 loss to the A’s on 7/7
- A 5-4 win against the A’s on 7/8
- A 4-3 win against the Mariners on 7/17
- A 4-3 loss to the Mariners on 7/18
- A 2-1 win against the Mariners on 7/19
- A 3-2 win against the Orioles on Tuesday
- Last night’s 4-3 win against the Orioles
What does this all mean?…