I finally worked a terrible pun into the title! I feel that I have engaged in quite a bit of punnery (if that isn’t a word, it should be) with my titles, but I have never before created something capable of making most everyone roll their eyes – and I did it while remaining on-topic...
- Yankee batters have a combined OPS+ of 111 (highest in AL). Yankee pitchers have a combined ERA+ of 111 (second highest in AL).
- Yankee pitchers have given up 8.86 hits per nine innings. Yankee batters have averaged 8.98 hits per nine innings.
- Alex Rodriguez is tied for the team lead in stolen bases…with Eduardo Nunez. Both have had six.
- Yankee batters have a 1.7 home run to GIDP ratio.
- The Yankees lead the American League in homers and are seventh in doubles. But they have hit only four triples all season, lowest in the AL.
- The Yankees are third in the American League in sacrifice flies with 18.
- The Yankees are second in the American League in being hit with a pitch with 24. Half of those are A-Rod (6) and Russell Martin (6).
- Yankee starting pitchers have an average game score of 51. The league average is 50.
- The highest game score for a starting pitcher this season has been Andy Pettitte with an 82.
What a difference a week makes! It seems like only yesterday when the Yankees were barely above .500 and people were wondering if the Orioles’ surge was legitimate. Now, the Yankees...